Saturday, May 26, 2012

Abandoned Factory Reused as Parking, Kawaguchi, Saitama

Kawaguchi City, my hometown, located in the north of Tokyo Metropolis, was once known as the center of casting industry, however the industry has been declining for several decades and the city is now serving as one of bedroom suburbs of Tokyo. Nowadays you can see the city filled with residences instead of foundries. A few factories are still operating, but hundreds of them were torn down, and some were abandoned. It probably costs a lot to tear down buildings.

I found this abandoned factory being reused as a monthly parking when strolling around my neighborhood. Going into the parking, I felt the atmosphere of my childhood there. It seemed that the parking's largest account was the post office. Some red post cars were parked there.

Abandoned Factory Reused as Parking, Kawaguchi, Japan [iPhone 4S/HD]
- Shot with an iPhone 4S on May 25th, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment