Sunday, August 5, 2012

Itabashi/Todabashi Fireworks Festival 2012, Tokyo-Saitama

Itabashi Fireworks Festival and Todabashi Fireworks Festival take place across the Arakawa River, which divides Tokyo Metropolis and Saitama Prefecture, at the same time every summer. They are often treated as one festival and called 'Itabashi/Todabashi Fireworks Festival'. Over 10,000 colorful fireworks light up the summer night sky and about a half million people enjoy the spectacle every year. The scene of fireworks being set off from two sites across the river like a competition is truly a remarkable sight.

I used to go see this festival when I was a kid with my family and my aunt's family whose house was near the festival sites. Although I went to three fireworks festivals this summer and this one was not as large as Sumida River Fireworks Festival, out of the three, I liked this one the best. It is the one I am most familiar with since my childhood.

Itabashi/Todabashi Fireworks Festival 2012, Tokyo-Saitama [iPhone 4S/HD]
- Shot in 1080p full HD with an iPhone 4S on Aug. 4th, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment